The purpose of the Accounts Payable Clerk is to calculate, post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records, and provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization.
The Accounts Payable Clerk also clarifies any questionable invoice items, prices, or receiving signatures; obtains proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
• Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
• Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
• Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
• Operate 10-key calculators, typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
• Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
• Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
• Code documents according to company procedures.
• Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED required
• Associates degree in accounting is a plus
• 2-5 years of experience processing accounts payable
To be considered, please send résumé in Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please put “Accounts Payable Clerk” in the subject line.