The primary purpose of the Senior Accountant
is to assist in preparing financial and operating reports, perform the recordkeeping necessary to close the financial period and support audits of such information. In addition, this position is responsible for the design, development, implementation, maintenance and tuning of Oracle Hyperion Financial Management, Planning, and Essbase. This position works with the business groups to identify and address needs in relation to Hyperion applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Performs routine general accounting activities.
• Preparation of all monthly financial reports using the Great Plains tool, and delivery to Management at both the divisional and corporate level.
• Has knowledge of commonly-used accounting concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field and relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Develop, monitor and maintain security, management process controls, task flows, business rules, scripts, member lists, journal module, objects, consolidation and data clearing procedures, and metadata updates.
• Maintain technical aspects of FDM, including location, import formats, logic accounts, custom scripts and reports.
• Recommend and implement enhancements to current HFM and other Hyperion applications to improve application performance and user experience.
• Maintain a strong working knowledge of the IT project lifecycle and understand and participate in proper version control and change management processes, including requirements gathering, analysis of requirements, application design, development, QA environment testing, migration to production environment, user acceptance testing and end user training.
• Research, identify, resolve and document technical issues with existing HFM and other Hyperion applications.
• Collect, analyze and document business requirements for Hyperion projects, including development and maintenance of project plans.
• Provide support to and assist with training end-users globally and generate reports as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance, minor in Information Systems.
• Minimum of 3 years of related experience in HFM application development, administration and support required.
• 3+ years of Accounting experience.
• Or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience developing, architecting and implementing analytical database applications, web based reporting applications, general ledger systems and automated processes.
• Experience with Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management and Hyperion Workspace.
*Gibson offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and paid time off.
To be considered for this position, please send resume and salary history to email@example.com
and put “Senior Accountant
” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.