Gibson Guitar Corp
, the world’s premier musical instrument manufacturer and the home of such preeminent brands as Gibson, Epiphone, Baldwin and Wurlitzer, is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst
to join the Finance team. This position will be based out of Gibson’s World Headquarters, located in beautiful Nashville, TN – the heart of Music City.
The Sr. Financial Analyst
is a key member of the Gibson Finance Team. This position must handle multiple assignments in a rapidly changing, fast paced environment with frequent direct interaction with senior management. The Sr. Financial Analyst position is responsible for company-wide monitoring and assessment of business unit operating performance, M&A Modeling and acquisition support. Working closely with the EVP, Planning and Development and operations leadership and staff, this position will assess the financial impact of key business decisions and alternatives by developing a variety of analytical frameworks to create significant insight into operational opportunities and challenges aimed at improving the financial performance of the company. This role is also charged with developing presentations to corporate senior management and the Board of Directors regarding operational financial performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drive revenue and operational planning, management, modeling, and analysis. Present insights and recommendations to senior management and other stakeholders.
• Build, analyze and present M&S financial models.
• Create and maintain analysis of Category, Brand, and Product financial performance.
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive marketing campaign plan tool.
• Create and maintain an operational forecast for the supply chain team.
• Lead various ad hoc analytical and reporting projects, as assigned.
• Participate in multifunctional project teams that evaluate, recommend and monitor the implementation of new initiatives.
• Prepare management reports defining and evaluating problems and recommending solutions.
• Provide “overflow” assistance in budgeting and forecasting analysis and preparation.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• BA/BS Degree required.
• Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Manufacturing industry experience is highly preferred, but not required.
• Demonstrated experience in the application of analytical methods of addressing business issues, with an emphasis on decision support analysis.
• Proficient to expert knowledge of Excel 2007 spreadsheets and graphs.
• Proficient to expert knowledge of PowerPoint 2007 and preparing presentations.
• Experience with Great Plains general ledger desired but not a requirement.
• Experience working with databases and retrieving information from information systems.
• Experience in SQL is helpful, but not required.
• Demonstrated time-management and multi-tasking skills coupled with a keen ability to prioritize assignments.
*Gibson offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and paid time off.
To be considered for this position, please send resume and salary history to email@example.com
and put “Sr. Financial Analyst
” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.