Gibson Guitar, the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturer, seeks an experienced and visionary Graphic Arts Director to lead and grow the global Graphic Arts Department. Position will be at the world headquarters based in Nashville, TN and will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
This position oversees the entire process of creating a production and is responsible for the overall "look" of the final products.
This position is responsible for hiring and working with various teams to develop the design and create the final product in support of multiple divisions — teams include designers, animators, copywriters, actors, models, photographers, computer designers, producers, illustrators, executives and directors. They will work closely with Editorial, Web/New Media, Video, Product Managers and division leaders.
- Must have talent, skill, knowledge and experience in producing a wide variety of projects including product packaging, point of sale materials, multimedia commercials and advertising in support of multiple product lines and global brand identity
- Solid knowledge, skill, ability and experience in computer art, print and artistic media
- Excellent understanding of consumer communication through multimedia
- Must understand how to work with a variety of artistic and professional individuals, how to create and lead teams and how to manage both human and material resources with limited budget.
- Must have current and comprehensive knowledge of related computer programs (PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator, etc).
- Online communications, full cycle print production and other mass-market experience
- Must have a wide degree of creativity and design/typography skill
- Experience working with and creating/developing global lifestyle brands is critical
THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION - 7+ years related work experience is required.
Bachelors Degree required.
Please send samples of your work, resume and salary history to: Executive@gibson.com. Please put "Graphic Arts Director" in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS