The job of CAD-Aided Design Technician is to operate computer-aided design (CAD) system and peripheral equipment to convert engineers’ and technicians’ designs into working computer documents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, dies, tools, and controls, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the materials.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery using computer-assisted equipment.
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Lay out, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Design scale or full-size blueprints.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 yrs. vocational technical training required or equivalent experience and education combined; Associates degree in Computer-Aided Design/Drafting, industrial engineering or mechanical engineering preferred
- 3-5 years CAD experience or related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience using Auto Desk Data Management, Inventor, Auto Cad, SolidWorks modeling, Lab View, and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred.
To be considered, please send résumé in Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "CAD" in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls.