The job of Manufacturing Engineering Manager is to manage the design, integration, and/or improvement of manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase productivity and decrease costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Determine root causes of failures/manufacturing issues using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Lead and manage execution of multiple continuous improvement projects such as Kaizen events using Lean methodologies focusing on priority initiatives with measurable results.
- Develop and implement plant-wide SOPs
- Develop, measure, and report KPIs for operations.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Manage/supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, or other engineers, including performance reviews and development.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with plant management and staff members as necessary.
- Participate in budget planning for departmental operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years engineering management or related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Computer aided design CAD software — Autodesk AutoCAD software; Dassault Systemes CATIA software; Pro-E CAD software; SolidWorks CAD software
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Product lifecycle management PLM software
- Industrial control software — Computer numerical control CNC software; Programmable logic controller PLC software
- Project management software — Microsoft Project; SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
To be considered, please send resume and salary history in Word format to: MemphisJobs@Gibson.com. Please put "Manufacturing Engineering Manager" in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls.