The job of Quality Assurance Engineer is to assist Quality Department leadership with management of established Quality Control programs. The Quality Assurance Engineer will also help plan and implement additional programs to maximize quality and throughput while reducing costs.
Reports To: Director of Quality Assurance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Identify key product and process characteristics which are critical to quality and develop strategies to ensure control of these characteristics during design and manufacturing activities
- Perform statistical analysis of production and quality data to determine root causes of failures, identify trends, and specify appropriate improvement opportunities
- Assist Production Supervisors with communication of quality requirements to floor personnel through the development of documentation, physical samples, training aids, etc.
- Work with engineering and purchasing personnel in the design and approval of new parts; assist suppliers as necessary to achieve approvals through First Article process
- Assist Customer Support personnel in resolving external complaints with product performance and quality issues. Use appropriate tact and diplomacy while communicating with trade partners and end customers to maintain high levels of respect and trust for the Gibson brand
- Evaluate product damage claims and return data for global distribution centers; engage with personnel at those facilities for quality improvement and cost reduction activities as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum 3-5 years of engineering or related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software - strong data analysis skills in Excel including pivot tables, graphing/charting, etc. Experience in statistical analysis packages (Minitab, etc.) also desirable
- Experience in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methodologies – Black belt/ Green Belt certification strongly preferred. Knowledge of Lean / TPS concepts and practices required.
- Experience with registered quality systems ( ISO / QS/ TS ) preferred
- Experience with wood products, electronics, or related products and customers strongly preferred.
- ASQ certifications a plus
- Woodworking and guitar experience is a plus.
To be considered, please send resume and salary history in Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Quality Assurance Engineer" in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls.