Gibson Guitar Corp., the world’s premiere musical instrument manufacturer, is looking for an aggressive, team-oriented individual to fulfill the General Manager Gear position to develop/expand our Gear Division globally.
Applicant must have global retail experience, cross functional experience (operations, logistics, marketing, and finance) and full P&L responsibility. This is a high energy, shirt-sleeve position in a performance driven, flat structured entrepreneurial culture. Only those applicants that are proven entrepreneurs driven to success and who measure their accomplishments with mandatory daily win/lose performance metrics will be successful in this role.
Major Job Responsibilities include:
• Create inventory assortments for maximum turns, margins, sales, and profitability
• Manage vendor rebates, marketing funds, discounts, and promotional expenditures
• Manage and function as the primary relationship and negotiator for big box retailers
• Drive creative staff to hit specific marketing strategies
• Build and maintain vendor relationships
• Develop merchandise, marketing, ad plans and plan o grams
• Must have 10 years general manager experience in consumer products.
• 7+ yrs retail management experience
• 5+ yrs cross functional experience in purchasing, planning, and forecasting
• Demonstrated experience with financial management, including gross margins, inventory turn, and mark downs.
• Experience in developing ad plans and marketing promotions
• MBA strongly preferred
Position will be based at the Gibson World Headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee.
Please email resumes with salary history in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Include “GM – Gear” in the subject line.
No phone calls please