Gibson Guitar, the world's leading musical instrument manufacturer, seeks an experienced and visionary Video Production Director (short form) to lead and grow the global Video Department. This position will provide direction for all video production efforts to most effectively support company branding and expansion. Position will be based at the world headquarters based in Nashville, TN.
- Serve as the primary lead in building the video department to support marketing efforts for the greater enterprise
- Develop and shoot stories using a variety of formats.
- Utilize various editing systems using advanced video, audio, writing, graphics, editing and lighting techniques to produce marketing materials.
- Operate studio cameras for live and taped video productions. Dub programs in a variety of formats for internal and external customers.
- Establish and maintain standards using video production industry best practices
- Practice routine/basic maintenance of equipment such as video cameras, production equipment, microphones, etc.
- Oversee and coordinate all acquisitions, use and maintenance of the Marketing Department's video production facilities and equipment.
- Oversee, develop and provide support of video production efforts for multiple divisions/brands
- Other duties as assigned
- Firm grasp of the story-telling process and how to weave sound, video and script together to tell a compelling story
- Ability to utilize good time management skills and balance a variety of projects simultaneously with the ability to respond effectively to short notice demands and to manage multiple priorities
- One-man-band experience (reporter/photographer/video editor).
- Commitment of time outside the regular workday schedule to meet necessary deadlines, complete job assignments and maintain customer satisfaction
- Ability to communicate complex ideas, programs, systems and processes in easy-to-understand language
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people, including those from diverse global backgrounds
- Ability to exhibit excellent customer service skills and consistent work ethic.
- Proven supervisory and management skills.
- Ability to travel as needed, including international
THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION
Minimum 7+ years directly related work experience
Bachelor's degree in journalism, radio/TV/film or communications preferred
Send resume with salary history to: Executive@gibson.com
No phone calls