Gibson Guitar Corp, the world's premier musical instrument manufacturer and the home of such preeminent brands as Gibson, Epiphone, Baldwin and Wurlitzer, is looking for a Chief Security Officer to join the global security team. This position will be based out of Gibson's World Headquarters, located in beautiful Nashville, TN – the heart of Music City.
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities relating to the protection, safeguarding and security of company assets, employees, invitees and others
- Ensures that established goals and objectives are accomplished with prescribed priorities, time limitations and with fiscal responsibilities
- Advises, makes recommendations, assists in the formulation of goals and objectives.
- Designs, implements and monitors security policies, procedures and programs; complies with international, federal, state and local legal regulations
- Exercises independent judgment in the course of carrying out overall responsibilities and other activities as assigned
- Plans, examines, analyzes, evaluates and supervises global Gibson Guitar Corp security operations, inclusive of physical security assets and security personnel
- Prepares reports and records as part of the senior management team
- Evaluates current procedures, practices and precedents for accomplishing Gibson Guitar Corp activities and functions relative to security.
- Identifies and resolves security related problems
- Develops and implements alternative methods for security operation improvement
- Coordinates activities within security area; prepares periodic budget estimate and reports.
- Orders supplies and equipment as needed
- Reviews financial reports to ensure security operation efficiency and quality control
- Develops preventative security programs, including the supervision of security personnel
- Performs audits of security related performance and conducts physical surveys of premise security, including security equipment condition
- Conducts, supervises and prepares reports relating to internal investigations of any losses or violations of Gibson Guitar Corp regulations, policies and procedures
- Develops, implements and manages security training
- Assists in preparation of emergency management and contingency planning
- Serves as Gibson Guitar Corp's liaison with public law enforcement, fire and other agencies as it relates to security at Gibson Guitar Corp and/or Gibson Guitar Corp personnel
- Performs, arranges and supervises executive protection
- Must be willing to travel internationally and maintain consistency with policies and procedures among all global sites.
- Monitor and maintain Gibson Guitar Corp reward/tip line and investigate any claims. Administer Risk Management skills in regards to pre-employment background checks and worker compensations claims.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience provided the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor's Degree with a major course work in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Security or a closely related field.
- Ten years full-time experience performing supervisory responsibilities or highly responsible work relating to tasks assigned to this position.
Qualified candidates should email a resume in MS Word format to: Executive@gibson.com
No phone calls