The primary purpose of the Finishing Supervisor position is to the development and commercialization of new finish technologies with direct involvement in laboratory research, production process development, production scale-up, customer presentations.
Hands on development team leader with responsibility for bringing new technologies from concept to commercialization. Position will work with staff engineers and technicians to develop new finishes, work closely with paint engineering to scale-up and develop production viable finishing processes, work with sales engineers to access feasibility and timing for new programs, work with sales to access customer requirements and needs, develop and monitor customer validation plans and timing, work with production engineering to troubleshoot and root cause issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Integrate operations with production planning, raw material flow, inventory, packaging, quality of material, Goods in Process (GIP), etc.
- Identify and plan for manpower requirements, overtime, and maintenance required completing standard and critical work
- Coordinate new product development (NPD) activities in the operation.
- Provide for any necessary outside resources to drive results in operations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma.
- Strong management background (5 years preferred) in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 5 years paint coatings experience.
- Experience with managing and developing vendors
- Experience in woodworking based manufacturing a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to manage projects simultaneously
- Ability to influence program direction at both the R&D and the plant level.
- Ability to communicate effectively with upper management in an appropriate manner.
- Strong WIP management skills.
- Strong communication skills, able to lead and or conduct meetings with a large group.
- Ability to prioritize
- Organized, focused, process adherence minded
- Goal driven, production oriented, transparent, accountable
- Track and chart data to continue improving quality standards within the department.
- Strong technical knowledge of paint/polymers
- Thermal cure solvent/waterborne knowledge helpful
- Class A – body color base/clear paint experience helpful
- Strong communication skills
- Strong customer interface capabilities at the OEM level.
- Strong presentation skills (written/verbal)
- Understanding of matching presentation technical level to audience
- Knowledge of paint and raw materials supplier industry
- Understanding of developing supplier relationships while maintaining competitive advantage.
- Understanding confidentiality agreements and proper documentation of confidential information.
- Knowledge of coating equipment supply base helpful.
- Understanding of cost development.
To be considered, please send resume and salary history in Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Finishing Supervisor” in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls.