The primary purpose of the Inventory Control Manager position is to manage and coordinate activities of employees engaged in inventory control. Maintains inventory as required by production schedules and/or customer orders while minimizing inventory and carrying costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Implement inventory control processes which ensure the availability of materials for an uninterrupted flow of production while maintaining minimum inventories.
- Provides long-term strategic inventory planning. Provides input into the vendor sourcing process maintaining inventory holding strategy, insuring progressive, proactive inventory techniques and methods.
- Develops inventory management, receiving and issuing systems and processes to ensure effective inventory management.
- Determines inventory requirements to meet fill rate and backorder targets
- Oversees personnel, equipment, warehouse receiving and material issues to ensure timely and accurate material flow.
- Performs cost benefit analysis taking into account inventory and freight costs for the purpose of establishing acceptable inventory levels and freight spend upon which performance can be measured and operating controls affected.
- Assist with coordination of engineering changes, obsolesce management and new product launches, within the plant system to insure orderly and timely transition in the flow of materials and production.
- Assists Plant Engineering and Plant Quality as required in resolving the disposition of substandard or rejected materials.
- Responsible for establishing optimum stores locations, methods for handling (conveyance), proximity, and visual management of inventories.
- Assists in the development of inventory budgets for the purpose of establishing acceptable inventory levels upon which performance can be measured and operating controls affected. Provides guidance to plant personnel for the management of inventories at approved operating levels.
- Effectively adept at creating dashboards displaying metrics to drive the inventory plan.
- Validates Bill of Material and databases to support manufacturing system software.
- Maintains inventory accuracy at 98%.
- Interprets company policy to employees and enforces safety regulations.
- Recruits, hires, trains staff, evaluates employee performance, and recommends or initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced level ability to utilize Microsoft Office word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database skills.
- Advanced ability to independently analyze large amounts of data and summarize into a meaningful format including statistical modeling and trend and exception analysis.
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing operations, physical inventory processes and inventory controls
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) in common language to facilitate transfer of knowledge as well as proficiency presenting information to large groups.
- Basic understanding of accounting terms and concepts including journal entries, reconciliations, and controls.
- Ability to work with others on a common goal while also ensuring that projects meet financial requirements; ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to step into the details when necessary and assist in resolving issues.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple time-sensitive projects to desired results.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong computer skills with full understanding of Microsoft Excel including macros, pivot tables
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or general business required.
- 10+ yrs. combined progressive manufacturing, planning or inventory control experience.
- 10+ yrs. of progressive systems and process development experience.
- 5+ yrs. of supervisory experience.
- Completion of APICS Basics exam
- Experience in woodworking based manufacturing a plus.
- Bi-lingual a plus
To be considered for this position, please send resume and salary history to email@example.com and put "Inventory Control Manager" in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls.