Gibson Guitar Corp, the world’s premier musical instrument manufacturer and the home of such preeminent brands as Gibson, Epiphone, Baldwin and Wurlitzer, is looking for a Maintenance Manager to join the Maintenance team at Gibson USA. This position will be based in Nashville, TN.
The job of Maintenance Manager is to manage work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may involve pipe fitting; boiler making; insulating; welding; machining; carpentry; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; and repairing buildings, floors, or stairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery.
- Adjust functional parts of devices or control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, or straightedges.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
- Works hand in hand with Health and Safety specialist to see that all building codes, local, state and federal inspections and regulatory compliance issues, including OSHA are met fully.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 2 yrs. vocational technical training required; Associates degree in industrial or mechanical engineering preferred.
- Or 3-5 years Maintenance Management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS software a plus
- Previous experience with the following:
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles.
- Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
*Gibson offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and paid time off.
To be considered, please send resume and salary history in Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Maintenance Manager" in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls.