Gibson Guitar Corp, the world's premier musical instrument manufacturer and the home of such preeminent brands as Gibson, Epiphone, Baldwin and Wurlitzer, is looking for a Marketing Manager to join the Gibson USA team. This position will be based out of Nashville, TN.
The Brand Manager – USA is 100% focused on the Gibson USA Division, and is responsible for leading all aspects of managing and marketing this product portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work closely with the Division GM to ensure that products, plans, and programs are developed and executed to achieve the divisional performance goals.
- Work with the Director of Market Research to identify new consumer insights and work with R&D to incorporate these insights into new product development.
- Analyze, evaluate and project future consumer demand for products and manage the lifecycle of individual SKU's.
- Develop and execute marketing plans for existing and new products through the effective and efficient use of internal and external resources. Responsible for developing plans, establishing timeline, and ensuring excellent execution and on-time delivery of materials.
- Work across the organization to ensure understanding, execution and implementation of all aspects of marketing plans.
- Lead the development of all brand communication
- Work with sales to develop impactful POS and sales materials.
- Work with events team to plan and execute dynamic trade and consumer experiences.
- Monitor and evaluate overall brand health, and continually improve consumer understanding.
- Develop deep and current understanding of the competitive environment and incorporate that understanding in to marketing plans.
- Work with Art Director to develop brand style guide and strengthen consistency of branding.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 5 to 10+ years of marketing communications management
- Successful track record of creating winning marketing programs and promotions
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent planning and organizational skills with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with marketing concepts
- Ability to develop budgets, manage costs and track expenses for reconciliation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Consumer Electronic industry experience desired
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. MBA Preferred
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK EFFORT:
- Ability to work in fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize, think fast and problem-solve "on the fly"
- Ability to work responsibly under minimal supervision
- Keying/typing, sitting, standing, walking.
- Compliance with company attendance standards. Work hours may vary during peak production cycles.
- FLSA status: Salaried, Exempt.
*Gibson offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and paid time off.
To be considered for this position, please send resume and salary history to Careers@gibson.com and put "Marketing Manager - USA" in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.