Gibson Guitar Corp
, the world’s premier musical instrument manufacturer and the home of such preeminent brands as Gibson, Epiphone, Baldwin and Wurlitzer, is looking for a Builder to join the manufacturing team. This position will be based at our Downtown Memphis manufacturing facility, located in vibrant Memphis, Tennessee.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the building of guitars.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include putting on tuning keys, DPA unit, pickup(s) and a variety of additional hardware. Guitars are to be inspected for both cosmetic and electronic requirements. Work is based upon a daily production quantity and candidate will be expected to work at a face pace.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 to 4 years relevant guitar playing experience preferred.
- Prior experience in an electronic production environment is preferred, but not required. Previous experience should center on daily production requirements, whether determined by a supervisor or by the speed of the assembly line.
- Strong attention to detail skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Quality Control Analysis — Conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Troubleshooting — Ability to determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Able to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Critical Thinking — Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving — Ability to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Active Listening — Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Must be able to stand on feet for 8 – 10 hours per day. Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. Requires utilization of hand tools in a repetitive motion. The position exists in a fast paced environment. Work is conducted in a loud and dusty environment.
To be considered for this position, please send resume and salary history to: Memphisjobs@gibson.com
and put “Builder” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.