Gibson Guitar Corporation, the world’s premier manufacturer of musical instruments, is seeking a Vice President of Global Public Relations
. The Global VP will report to Gibson’s CEO and will have the responsibility of coordinating all PR functions including but not limited to corporate communications, product launches, media relations and PR event planning.
Highlights of Job Responsibilities:
• Direct and implement Gibson Guitar Corp’s public relations strategies.
• Plan and direct communication and development of information designed to keep public informed of Gibson’s brands, products, CEO exposure, programs, events and other related activities.
• Manage media relations with all relevant media outlets as well as announcements, editorial placement, and procurement of consistent media coverage for all brands.
• Develop press releases, white papers, and supporting materials with the assistance of our internal editorial staff and outside PR agencies.
• Provide PR support for all Gibson global initiatives and provide consistent reporting and media tracking
• Develop PR opportunities in addition to global corporate launches and maintain database of media contacts for company
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Must have a proven track record of developing strong media relations
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred
• At least 10+ years of strong public relations experience (entertainment or music experience preferred)
• Must possess extensive contact base and proven placement of media coverage
• Computer hardware, software, and internet experience necessary
• Global perspective and international experience required
• Manage a global team
• Experience developing and executing strategies with senior management
To be considered, please send your resume and salary history in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “VP Global PR” in the subject line.
No Phone Calls, please