Gibson Guitar, the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturer, seeks an experienced and visionary international editor for Gibson.com.
Candidate will tend to the innovative marketing needs of a historic company by helping to shape its global editorial voice. Duties and Responsibilities:
• Translate from English and publish product and editorial content from Gibson.com, as well as develop original local- and national-level content.
• Oversee writing team producing 10 feature stories (or the equivalent thereof) per week in Portuguese.
• Proofread all material for Brazil site, to include accurate technical terms for Gibson products.
• Work closely with writers to assign stories, communicate tone, and maintain tight deadline schedule.
• Personally write at least two quality stories per week—not just run-of-the-mill interviews and reviews but compelling, thoughtful pieces that speak to an international musician lifestyle.
• Layout and post all stories online in Gibson’s content management system.
• Submit all product pages to appropriate Gibson division for accuracy before posting.
• Make adjustments to content as necessary to make sure site maintains the expectations of Gibson.com.
• Respond promptly to the needs of various divisions of Gibson requesting content online.
• Pitch in wherever necessary. Duties may include writing and editing marketing materials and press releases, and contributing in any editorial or marketing capacity.
• Report to International Editor.Knowledge and Skills:
• Candidate must have experience successfully managing a diverse team of independent people.
• Candidate must be computer savvy, as he/she will manually input a minimum of 12 features per week.
• Extensive knowledge of popular music, company history, and Gibson musical instruments is a must. Must have superb technical knowledge of Gibson musical instruments.
• Familiar with marketing techniques that drive results.
• Highly organized and a strong and creative idea generator.
• Ability to stay focused in a fast-paced, results-driven environment and to work consistently and efficiently with a busy staff under tight deadlines.Education and Work Experience:
• This is NOT an entry level position. The right candidate must have at least 5 years of writing and editing experience with a major publication.
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience.
• Published clips and recommendations from previous employers.
• Experience at a daily paper or popular website preferred. Candidate must be fluent (both oral and written) in English and Portuguese.
Please send in English:
1- resume (in Word format)
2- salary requirements
4- samples of published and unpublished writing to: email@example.com
Please put “Editor - Portuguese
” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.