Gibson Guitar, the world's leading musical instrument manufacturer, seeks an experienced and visionary Editorial Director to lead and grow the global Editorial Department.
- Areas Include: Manage and grow a global editorial staff including editors, copywriters and freelance writers worldwide and in 12 languages.
- Develop and maintain marketing direction and voice for Gibson's family of brands. This includes managing all outgoing content from Gibson.
- Work efficiently within the Corporate Marketing Team that includes Creative Services, Outreach, Entertainment Relations, Web, Video and Photography.
- Participate in product development and large marketing campaigns.
- Represent the department at the executive level.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Candidate must have extensive knowledge of Gibson instruments, and a strong background in publishing, marketing or the MI industry
- Candidate must have experience successfully managing and working with a diverse team of independent people.
- Candidate must be computer savvy.
- Adept at creating powerful, intelligent marketing content.
- Highly organized and a strong and creative idea generator.
- Ability to stay focused in a fast-paced, results-driven environment and to work consistently and efficiently with a busy staff under tight deadlines.
Education and Work Experience:
- This is NOT an entry level position. The right candidate must have at least 10 years of writing and editing experience with a major publication, website, marketing or advertising agency. Experience in writing/editing content specifically for the web or digital medias a must.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Published clips and recommendations from previous employers.
- Daily publication or online experience preferred.
Email resume as a Word attachment to: Executive@Gibson.com
No Phone Calls